Dec 6, 2004

Ebbing Away.......

Ebbing Away

Don’t waste your life.
Don’t know when it will stop
Death comes to all, you know not
where your days will
End.
Live life well, don’t waste your days.
One day’s promise unkept quickly
becomes one week
then a month
then years have gone by
unnoticed.
Regrets only Remain.
Heart attacks, cancer, high blood pressure
High cholesterol, overweight, and out of shape
The stress and pressure constricts
And life leaves many quickly.
The endless days of invincibility
Give way to seeming fragility,
Our youth runs away.
Not old, yet not so young.

Never forget:
Love God
Love one another,
People are all that REALLY matter.
Don’t waste your life,
It is slowing
Ebbing
away.
Don’t let regrets
Only remain.
Live purposefully,
Live passionately.
Seize each day.

December 6, 2004


I wrote this after hearing of a lot of people getting sick at church, some heart attacks and other things. A friend of my sister's who is 39 was recently diaganosed with a bad cancer, not sure which one. This was a healthy person. I said something to her that struck me later. I told her that this was probably the beginning of hearing about a lot people getting sick, dying because we are getting older. Now 37 is not old, but it is different than when you are 22 or so and you have your whole life ahead of you, "The World is Your Oyster," I felt invinicible then.

Now I feel....more human...less superman. And at the same time I want to make my time count, not just frittering it away.

No comments: