Jun 7, 2005

I need Jesus....

Over a month has past since I last wrote...During that time I went on mega-vacation for 17 days with my family to the East Coast. I had hoped that I would spend a lot of time writing in my journal at night and reading this great book I bought before I left, Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places...But I didn't...I wrote in my journal 3 times, including one entry on the plane ride home & read about 3 or 4 pages of my book. I did spend a lot of time with my kids and wife building some great memories, visiting a lot of great places and visiting relatives & friends. It was a Great vacation!

But I come back a little disappointed in myself that I didn't make more time to dwell with Jesus. Here I am back in the daily routine, 2 days back, and I have read more of my book than my whole trip and I have come away with the clear realization that I need Jesus. I am lost without him. Why is it so easy to let the busyness of life press out Jesus? Several times on vacation I had some down time that I could have used to seek him but instead I chose the Internet over time with Jesus. Jesus does not force me to come to him; he will let me waste as much time as I choose to waste. When the quiet moments come I feel the loneliness and I know how desperately I need Jesus to keep saving me and bringing me freedom...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Jeremiah's House said...

Thanks. I guess you've been following my blog? I didn't think anyone read it but me :-)

Anonymous said...

Good job man. I am quite depressed at this moment, you made me feel a little better.