May 5, 2008

Another Deep-Space Transmission

He sends me deep-space transmissions,
my video mail screen flashes daily.
“Master, my new doghouse is fantastic.
you’ve out done yourself again. My voice
has lost all American-dog accent
thanks to the voice modulation treatments,
the modified iPhone you sent has done wonders.”

Fido is loyal.
His multiple daily video emails,
do seem excessive.
Reminds me of his younger days.
He would follow me,
laying at my feet in
whatever room I was in.

Fido has been living in space
fourteen years this past January,
as loyal as the day I brought him home.

May 5, 2008
This poem was motivated by a prompt over at ReadWritePoem.

6 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Different and cool! I like the easy-going style to this.

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh poor Fido! Excellent poem - really had me wonderering what Fido did to deserve being sent into space?

Anonymous said...

I feel for Fido!

clawing crawlies

Anonymous said...

how generous of you to donate your canine to space science! (is there PETA in space? :) )

Anonymous said...

are you talkin doggie heaven by any chance??.. the only reason i ask is b/c i am a dog owner.. what a great response to the scifi prompt!

Jeremiah's House said...

Thanks for the comments, Linda, Crafty, Gautami, Polka, and One More Believer. Fido is a recurring character I have used in other writing. He actually loves it in space; he's very adventurous. I'm a dog owner as well, a Golden Retriever. PETA has not endorsed this poem, but no dog, alive or imaginary, was harmed in the making of this poem and neither Barack or Hillary have approved this comment.