Mar 12, 2008

Thinking a lot lately

I have been thinking about creativity a lot lately and wanting to write more. Maybe needing to write more. I wrote a silly poem today that was fun about coffee and the, on then sly I posted it in the coffee room. Here it is:

Coffee Room Etiquette

I see the pot,
and it’s not a lot.
Do I take and make,
or just take.

To arrive at the pot
and it’s dark goo.
What’s one to do?
Someone took
and did not look
back.

My cup will kill it,
will I refill it?
Take and not make.
Mostly I make,
so I can freely take.
No guilty conscience here.

Addiction, not me…Oh Nooo!
Who didn’t make the coffee,
left the quarter inch burn?!?!?!?

The worst in want,
is not an empty pot,
but when overflowed,
the culprit did go,
knowing someone
will clean
their mess.

Do I take and not make?

Hopefully there will be more such writings. I have been so stressed out about most things in life. I need to have more fun than I have been having because life has been just plain hard. I think I make it harder than it is, really. I am often grumpy with my family when I could be writing little ditties about coffee and other silly things. I really need to lighten up more and relax, let down my hair. I think I am often too serious and need more levity, so I can have longevity. So many things in the news are depressing: Elliot Spitzer, the credit crisis, global warming, Iraq, mudslinging politics, gas prices, and the endless reports of vicious crimes.

I just really need to lighten up and have more fun and let my hair down a little. There are enough depressing things going on in the world without my adding to it.

No comments: