Dec 31, 2008

2009 Goals: Pre-Goal Thoughts

I need some goals this year. "Increase your chances of success by choosing “process goals” such as walking 30 minutes daily over “outcome goals” such as losing 50 pounds or dropping two sizes. Write your goals down. Research shows that writing down goals increases their effectiveness."
So, I need to write down my goals, and they should be process goals instead of outcome goals.

From my previous post, here are some areas I should include: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Family, Friends and Work should be touched on in my goals.

Fitness: I have the workout center at work and my co-worker is looking in that direction so we can plan to take classes that are not at the same time, and cover for one another when something comes up for work. There is one that meets on Wednesdays at 12 called the Boot Camp: "An all-levels training class featuring strength exercises and interval cardio drills that will whip you into shape." That could cover one day. Now I need to decide how many other days and what and when. There are some good online resources through work that I can get ideas from for this goal.

Spiritual: I have started going to BSF and will continue. I can incorporate the homework into my times with God. I would like to also Journal more. Do I commit to Journaling everyday, no matter what? When I am journaling good things happen for me spiritually....This definately a possibility.

Emotional/Mental Health: I will have to give that some thought. Maybe talking to a counselor through my work's EAP program. There are some good online resources through work that I can get ideas from for this goal.

Family: This needs some attention. We need my middle son to be more stable than he has been and that will help things...but I think we need more than this....this needs more thought, and also some talking over with my wife.

Friends: Well that is something I want more of, close friends locally. Maybe the BSF group will help. I also have to be intentional in this area. I need to pray for this as well. I have a deficit in this area and it will need more brainstorming.

Work: I have some goals from my recent review:
1. Continue your develop with the PBX software and grow in regards to BSR/LAI applications and overall ACD routing on the Avaya. You went to training in April at Avaya for ACD. You will need to own and complete a full routing project for call center. Q309
2. Provide trunking calculations on an ongoing basis for all global call center locations. Look to improve existing format and input drivers. Continue to work with forecasting team to efficiently deliver capacity plans for the PBXs. Q109 - Ongoing
3. Quarterly visits to HQ to review current architecture and routing design projects with HQ staff. Ongoing
4. Establish yourself as the lead engineer in at your location by working all issues with your business partners, your peers, directing techs and projects for the site. Q209

I will have to schedule things for these work goals and make it so they are measurable so I can track my progress.

Well, these seems like a really good start. A lot less daunting than I thought it would be. If feels good to get something in writing.

Here's to a great 2009! Carpe Diem!

No comments: