Dec 29, 2008

2009 is coming

2008 is about to come to a close in less than 2 days. What will 2009 have in store for me? What kind of goals will have for the year? I have been pensive the past several days thinking about things. I want to have some goals. I hope to have some goals: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Family, Friends and Work should be touched on in my goals. It feels a little daunting thinking about goals. I don't think I had any goals last year. I would like this year to be different. I will ponder over the next couple days to week or so.

Really, I feel pretty worn out and beaten down by life. I'm down and discouraged about some things. I think I'm probably still depressed. A goal should also be to take care of my mental health.

I will ponder on my life and what I want to do for goals.
I like this section of the Bible as I ponder my goals:

Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD's Favor
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

Also,

Jeremiah 29:11-14

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [a]

I want some new beginnings, new growth, and new perspective for 2009.

No comments: