Dec 8, 2008

Bittersweet

Seeing what I had,
makes me realized what
I don’t have
Friendships far away,
not many
nearby.

Almost 9 years

in the wasteland,
where loneliness
has been my companion.
Makes me wonder if it’s
more than busyness,
more than station in life,
more than unlucky breaks,
and would-have-could-have-beens.

But I can’t go there.

I won’t go there.

Friendships are waiting

out there,
somewhere for me.
I won’t be a victim,
I’ll be proactive.
Join a group,
meet for coffee,
go to a poker party.

The taste of Facebook friendships
from the past,
makes it bittersweet.
People who have known me,
on my “Friends” list.
I’m up to 158,

yet I’m still yearning.

Yearning for the friend down the road,
a short walk or drive away,
instead of
a million miles away

at the end a computer click.

Bittersweet,
Friendships on Facebook,
remind me of what I had,
back there,

before I moved away.

December 20, 2008

No comments: