Apr 3, 2008

NaPoWriMo # 3: Siren’s Calling

Siren’s Calling

Starbucks' cup logo is changing to brown, what a travesty upon us!

The green mermaid calls as I circumnavigate the globe, to my office cubicle.

Like a beacon of light she guides through the waves of cars, I hear her voice.

I hear the siren calling out to me. No, it’s a police car chasing!

What's that officer? You don't care about mermaids….I ran a red light.

Don't worry about brown, he says, yellow is your color today, your Ticket!

(This poem is a made up of multiple American Sentences, developed as an alternative to Haiku by Allen Ginsberg. An American sentence is 17 syllables in one line. )

2 comments:

poefusion said...

I had to laugh at this one. It was very cleverly written. Thanks for stopping by Poefusion. I hope you will give some of the prompts a try this month. Have a nice day.

Jeremiah's House said...

Thanks, Michelle. It looks like you have some great prompts. I will be by to Poefusion for some poeming.