Apr 5, 2008

NaPoWriMo # 6: Secret Agent

Secret Agent

The paper fell down from the window as a butterfly,
it was barely legible, going through a vapor of steam,
steam from a vaporizer that calmed the babies cry.
I woke up suddenly, wishing it was only a bad dream.

The dampness of my sweat completely soaked my hair,
while the train I rode on passed by a lake,
and like the young foal of a mare
the train was carrying me to my rendezvous, I am late.

This steam drenched paper must prove more than a test,
what will I gather from the papers to create?
Among the secret documents I’ve now found a mess,
enough to keep the KGB agent from thinking he can sedate
me and keep from thinking their scheme
was more than a pile of broken wicker.

April 5, 2008

Prompt from Poefusion using the format, Bout-Rimes, with the words:
The words are:
butterfly, steam, cry, dream
hair, lake, mare, late
test, create, mess, sedate
scheme, wicker

Bout-Rimes is French for "rhymed ends." A bouts- rimes poem is created by one person's making up a list of rhymed words and giving it to another person, who in turn writes the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given.


4 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Like how the KGB gets in on the butterfly act!

Smiling here!

Gemma

poefusion said...

Hello Jimmaaa~ You've managed another great poem. Your first stanza though hits home with me as I remember back to a time when I had to get up and fix the vaporizer for my daughter- now a teenager- and wonder if I needed to call the doctor. Love how you ended the poem by bringing in the KGB. How wonderful this poem is. Have a nice day.

Jeremiah's House said...

Thanks Gemma & Michelle.

Anonymous said...

A mystery! Sounds like you had fun with these words. you were creative in how you used your end words.