Apr 9, 2008

NaPoWriMo # 9: Far From Home

Far From Home

Friends are far away,
heart lonely
Many voicemails left.

Loyalty I have
for them, but
I need more friendships.

Virtual world can
be lonely,
Need more real contact.

Eight years of desert,
wilderness
is wearing on me.

Hundred miles away
doesn’t seem
as far as it feels.

Phone calls and email
Is often
not enough for me.

Should I return home,
is the grass,
as green as I hope?

Or is the story,
for me, you
can’t get there from here.

Friends are far away;
my time in
the desert prevails

April 9, 2008

This Poem is a Lune, and was a prompt at Poefusion Blog. The Lune was invented by poet Robert Kelly. It's a three line poem with a syllable count of 5/3/5.

3 comments:

poefusion said...

Hello Jimmaaa, I love the way you entwine personal friendships with your blogging friendships and still feel like there isn't enough friends. I feel like your hinting at the grass is greener theory here. And, I fear you aren't alone on that thought as most people think the grass is greener somewhere else. I guess your safe as long as you don't go straying to far from home. Have a nice night.

By the way, I read the ...Beauty Queen below and it is really good to be a continuation of someone else's words. Keep up the good work. See ya~

paisley said...

very nice piece.. had you not pointed out to me that it was a lune... i would never heave been the wiser....

Jeremiah's House said...

Thanks for the comments, Michelle and Paisley.