Apr 19, 2009

NaPoWriMo # 19

Strike It Rich

The Poetry percolates,
but can’t make it up through the granite.
Turned inward,
Inertia keeps me going.
Up the mountain,
through the cavern,
I explore the depths
like a gold miner digging for ore.
I follow the vein,
pull out the pick and start working.
No luck,
pull out the dynamite.

Boom

Boom

KaBoom

I begin to strike my claim.

First I find some rhymed verse,
Hope I don’t come across terse.
Digging a little bit deeper
Finding for myself some meter.

I keep digging for nuggets of memories,
lines mined from the golden ore,
sifting through the rocks and dirt.

I have my pick, shovel and the light on my helmet
Here I go!

April 19, 2009

6 comments:

sarah said...

Cool! Some really great wordplay there :-)

Wayne Pitchko said...

like this a lot

Linda Jacobs said...

I like this: mining for poetry! Great image at the end!

Liz at Yips and Howls said...

I like the mining metaphor and the sharp images here. "Ka-boom" is what it feels like sometimes when a piece of writing comes through.

gkgirl said...

i especially liked the first stanza...
:O)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute! I LOVE it.

http://lori102870.blogspot.com/